This, if true is extraordinary. From a chap on Facebook in this Tottenham group you can view here. Fingers and everything else crossed, eh?
- Tim Sherwood will be appointed as Director of Football at White Hart Lane next week. This is a promotion from the position of academy director- This evolution has been on the cards for 18 months.
- Levy decided to bite the bullet last week, sticking to his original plan which had been drawn up in expectation of HR leaving to take on England and make the change largely in light of Sherwood’s outstanding work with the youths.
- Andre Villas Boas will join on a 2 year contract worth less than 1m euro per year with another 2.5m payable per season in bonuses. This information is direct from the inside WHL.
- Sherwood has known AVD for 5 years having met the Portuguese when both were enrolled on a course aimed at furnishing them with their UEFA Licenses, they have a similar philosophy and the duo will be charged with promoting youth ahead of experience, much like Roman Abramovich tasked AVB with at Chelsea last season.
- AVB was hung out to dry by Chelsea last season, he was under instruction to dispense with the old boys at the bridge and he was given no support in doing this, it was his opinion that such drastic changes would necessitate acceptance of a short period without any remarkable success and a season of aclimatisation would be required.
- Abramovich at first accepted this but was pressured by the media to get rid and he buckled. Bare in mind that CFC paid 12m for AVB and at the time he was considered the continent’s finest young coach. We are getting a great deal here, I am fully committed to Levy’s vision.
- Levy flies back in to the UK on Monday after spending Sunday in Holland where I imagine he is trying to tie up the deals for Vertonghen and also investigate the procedures that will follow on from any possible transfer of Klass Jan Huntelaar.
- Ajax retain a stake in the striker despite the fact that his move to Schalke was his third full term contract and third club since leaving Amsterdam, the Dutch side are due 20% of any future transfers that Huntelaar is involved with and Levy will be sure to try and use this in negotiations for Vertonghen.
- As I said, done deal not News International bullshit.