And so this is the final installment. Namely the third part. The last one. Technically you can read them in any order of course.But there won’t be a fourth, whatever order you opt for. So there.
- There had been complaints regarding the Home game with Real Madrid. IM advised that there had been unprecedented demand for this game. There had been over 1000 physically queuing overnight for tickets and queuing for online applications had started as early as 5am on the morning of sale.
- IM advised that the club has learned a lot from its first season in the CL and will implement any agreed changes for season 2012/13 when we qualify again!
- The issue of using loyalty points for Home games was discussed. IM advised that there are many for and many against this idea. He personally would not like to see this introduced as the club has a duty to encourage the next generation of THFC supporters.
- UEFA have been very complimentary about how THFC conducted themselves throughout the CL campaign, this refers to a combination of the nature of team play, the behaviour of supporters and the administration of the Club.
- IM is working on Europa League pricing now.
- BK asked why half time of the final home game of the season was chosen as the cut off point for season ticket applications? IM replied that this was always when the ticket office closes and the club works with supporters regarding any practical difficulties in this regard.
- Paul Woolston asked if the number of season ticket holders would be increased? IM said this was highly unlikely as there are already 23,500 sth’s. Whilst the club likes the ability to reward members on the waiting list this generally comes from those who do not renew.
- DK asked why the interims did not seem to reflect the expected increase in revenue from being in the CL?
- DL felt that it was probably due to the fact that some revenue came through later from UEFA but comparative to previous 6 months, turnover was up £26m.
- Ultimately the Club did not make as much as some of the other English clubs due to the limited stadium capacity and restricted corporate hospitality.
- An equivalent run in the Europa League would probably raise 35% of what the CL campaign earned the club.
Fair Play Rules
- DL/DE advised that THFC were one of a handful of clubs that would currently meet the UEFA criteria regarding finances. The rules start next year however this year will count towards their calculations of clubs financial health.
Kit & Sponsorship
- Emma presented the three new kits for Season 2011/12.
- These kits would be launched on the website Monday 20 June.
- Emma was asked if next season the club could try and have the kit available in July so that supporters could get the maximum value for their money as well as owning the kit prior to the first home game of the season. The club agreed they would like to be able to sell the shirts earlier however the dates were due to the shirt sponsor’s launch of a new product.
- The club is very excited about partnering with Under Armour for next season. Under Armour is the fastest growing sports brand in the world. The club has signed a 5 year deal. The quality of their produce is first class.
- Both Autonomy and Investec have one year left on their sponsorship deals.
- Baddiel Brothers film feedback – Not discussed as DC not present.
- Would DL consider a wider audience in line with the AFC/AST meeting of the night before? DL would discuss with DC to see what was possible.
- BK asked if THFC would raise the issue of the EPL removing its funding to Supporters Direct? DL/DE will look into this.
- BK advised the THFC Board that he would be standing down as THST Chairman.