€9M Deal On The Cards (Don’t Worry, It’s Not Chamakh)

Image for €9M Deal On The Cards (Don’t Worry, It’s Not Chamakh)

Good morning.

Italian media tuttomercatoweb.com lead the way this morning confirming some of the more informed mumbles over here that we’re in for Jack Butland. The Birmingham boy would be great addition. Brad undoubtedly has a part to play but the question marks over just how suited he is to André Villas-Boas’ brave new world are beginning to loom.

It would be a crying shame if Gomes’ career were parked in a cul de sac with us. But what can be done? With the new boss’s clear intention to rotate (opposed to the swiveling of his predecessor) it is hopefully the case that we see him in the Europa. At this rate it could be up front, which might be less surreal an idea than you think as if memory serves me well he started out as a striker. The circle of life, eh?

The Marouane Chamakh on loan piece by our old friend John Cross isn’t worth the steam off our collective effluence.  This smacks to me of a circulation issue. Clearly his wife’s knickers are too tight and it’s affecting the amount of oxygen getting to his brain.

Elsewhere, it is being rumoured on the excellent COYS that some bloke called Emmanuel Adebayor was spotted in The Plough public house in Cuffley where he was reported to be threatening …to play against West Brom.

• Mitchell Thomas says:

I’d take anything Jon Cross says with such a large pinch of salt you’d need Lot’s wife in da house.

• Mitchell Thomas says:

I’m imagining that Ade ordered a pint of Bitter. In a straight glass.

Isn’t the Plough a Toby Carvery? Quality….

• Harry Hotspur says:

I have him down as a Malibu and Lucazade man.

• Hartley says:

I have him down as a greedy cnut….who probably ordered a pint of nectar from the gods..

• Mitchell Thomas says:

I’ve notice you mentioned the old Orange rocket fuel once or twice H. I think we’ve twigged what your personal predilection is as a consequence old bean.

Always reminds me of drinking Vodka and Lucozade in dodgy pubs in County Kerry as a youth. This was before Red Bull was even a twinkle in the caffeine addled brain of some mad boffin.

• StevieQman says:

he might have ordered it but he won`t pay for it!!

• Harry Hotspur says:

I was brought up on the original gear with the crinkly cellophane on :blush:

• david says:

Old Lucozade so much better than the modern stuff.
          On the same subject, new Tizer is crap compared with the original stuff, presumably as they have taken a lot of the additives out of the old stuff.

• david says:

Sorry, meant to say modern Tizer is probably additive (and taste) free.

Old tizer with a dollop of ice cream. Nice.

• Gary M says:

screw top 3d for the return bottle, don’t tell Ade he will want a refund.
          :whistle:

• Mitchell Thomas says:

Gary M i’ve got you twigged as a secret lemonade drinker old son

• Ronnie says:

Levy has been fast asleep all summer. About time he woke up…

• AlphaT says:

Yeah fast asleep by his wife’s sick bed!

• Liamyid says:

Enough time on his hands to get pictured on the red carpet in LA and ring the starting bell on wall street… and to piss off any chairman he’s dealt with so far this year. I’ll hold judgement until the window closes but at the moment he’s let us and AVB down by letting us start the season so in settled.

• Don Mcallisters webuyanycar.com says:

The Plough is a drinker used by a few of our favourites..Defoe and Ledders have their Mock Tudor Mansions a Brad Friedel kick away…although I think Defoe has sold up and fuc*ed off back to Essex…on another note ,I got the link for the “Away Days Richmond Spurs” off here the other day…Qual-A-Tay production by a few well known faces..Yids.

• Dave says:

So if Harry had been in charge at Newcastle he would have been slaughtered for his lack of tactical nouse. What excuse are you giving to AVB?